GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mapset uploads

Started by maps4gps, May 15, 2011, 07:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maps4gps

I have been trying to upload revised windows and mac mapsets.
Worked as usual on the 10th.  Today in Manage Maps, upon clicking the 'Upload Windows File' or 'Upload Mac File', I am receiving "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab' in a one line window at the bottom of the screen and 'We are unable to return to gpsfiledepot.com' etc.   in the main window.

FYI - Microsoft installed a new version of IE on Friday.  As uisual for them, it has so many bugs it is essentially usless. 

-Oz-

Interesting.  I'll have to see if there is an update to that script that uploads the files.  Which version of IE are you now using.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

I can not find anywhere where it has that information.
It was an 'auto' upload.  I got it mid morning Friday.  A computer sales person at BestBuy said he got it late Thursday evening.    It is a disaster.  Would not finish downloads  created files with three 'extensions'  the last saying partial [both fixed on Saturday]; minimun of 1/2 screen sized download info window with less information than previously and does not clear after downloads, some info given in light gray on a light blue background, etc. etc.  

Techs at BB said version 9 of IE was released late last week.

-Oz-

I just tested it out in IE9 and it works.  Is it failing at the end of the upload or as it loads?
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

It is failing as soon as I click on 'Upload Windows File' or on 'Upload Mac File'  This is before it even goes to java to select the file to upload.  

Uninstalled Java and reinstalled it - appears to be working now.

-Oz-

Awesome... then i won't do anything that could break anything further.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

Now a new problem.

I tried to insert images for the screen shots.  The Image Properties window opens with the cancel button on the bottom; however, the inside of the box is empty - no place to copy the image location information; this box and the now underlying mapset edit box goes a lighter shade and 'freezes'.  Have to exit IE. 

Are there any add-ons which need to be enabled (IE/tools/manage add-ons)?  When IE9 installed it seamed to indicate these should be disabled so it would run faster - doing so for Java likely caused the issue with Java.

Boyd

Maybe FireFox is the add-on that you need?  ;D

maps4gps

I tried that about 2 years ago.  Windows said it could not be installed.  I have no idea why?

maps4gps

I tried Chrome this weekend.  With the USGS seamless server it is not efficient as it was using the existing window for the next stage of the download process.  IE allows many windows to be open at one time which allows additional downloads to be staged and the USGS server to be working on the extraction/pre-download phases of the next file.  If Chrome allows this, I did not see how to change this.