GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin 76cs topo South Carolina

Started by jjgereg, April 15, 2011, 10:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjgereg

I would like to create a topo map of an aproximately 1 square mile area in South Carolina that I can load into my Garmin 76cs. I have already spent enough money on Blue Charts and City Select. Is there any way to do this without purchasiing the full Garmin US package? Is there anyone who coud do this for a reasonable fee?

Thank you very much for your help.     Regards Jim G.

maps4gps

You could use my US Plainimetric - South East mapset for the non-contour line data and add contour lines from my South Carolina contours 201040ft overlay mapset.  Select the appropriate quads/segments.   That will be much larger than 1 square mi, but should easily fit on the 60cs's internal memory - or maybe not if you also want a lot of data from other mapsets on the unit.
See the tutorial http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/ (esp. step 8 repeating steps 2-7) on how to combine and send data from more than one mapset.  Be aware that sending a new gmapsupp.img file to that GPSr model will overwrite any existing gmapsupp.img which is already on it. 

jjgereg

maps4gps;

Thank you for the reply, this is the type of information I was looking for. Where do I find US Plainimetric and South Carolina Contours?

Regards, Jim G.

maps4gps

On the initial Welcome page; in the 'Seach for nearby maps' section, select South Carolina from the list of States.  A page will display which lists all the mapsets which include SC or some part of SC.