GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Printing from Basecamp with UTM coordinates shown

Started by Steve Gio, April 14, 2011, 10:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Gio

I noticed when printing from basecamp that it prints with grid lines for lat and long coords and shows the coordinates. Is there a way for me to switch these to be UTM lines and coords?

I am pretty new to using GPS and Mapsource. I recently bought a Garmin 60csx and have been learning. I downloaded the colorado topo from this site and am wondering about it being worth it to buy the Garmin Maps. My thing is I want the maps on my GPS as well as my computer. I also want to print these maps to bring into the field and track myself with both GPS and paper map.

Thanks folks

Indrid Cold

I just printed from BaseCamp and it printed MGRS lines :)

Go to Tools-> Options...-> and select UTM as your grid under Position.

Steve Gio

Interesting. I was looking for that but it didn't turn up. I will look again tonight at home. Were you able to change to UTM?

Thanks

Indrid Cold

Me? Of course I can. I thought we were trying to get you to do this:)

Steve Gio

Well I can't because I am at work and will have to wait to get home to try so I thought I would ask to make sure I understand that you actually did it and it does work to set to UTM so now I can go home all excited about this function.

Thanks for checking. Ya wisenhiemer.  ;)

Steve Gio

Just curious if you know why you can print like this in BaseCamp and not Mapsource? Or am I wrong there.

Steve Gio

Adding to the question. How can I print these maps to scale? In the print options I can set it to fit page or actual size. Both seem to come out the same. Is it possible to print to a scale that would be used with a UTM Grid Reader?

Indrid Cold

Quote from: Steve Gio on April 14, 2011, 02:20:26 PM
Thanks for checking. Ya wisenhiemer.  ;)
Um... I never really checked. I switched from lat/lon to MGRS, and knew that you could do the same to UTM. How did it go? As far as why I can't do the same thing with MapSource, well... I'm sure it's because I'm on a Macintosh and don't use MapSource all that much:) I think that you can't do it with MapSource because I don't believe it has that feature. The same could be said for the many other feature that BaseCamp has that MapSource doesn't have. As far as a UTM Grid reader...
Is that one of these?