GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

map id

Started by deepspace, February 13, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

I have a batch of quads ready to finish as .img files the really large ones are split into smaller bites. My question is does each map need a unique id and name? Thanks

deepspace

Thank you, so there for the id in the properties need to match each (ie you can not re-name after the convert) set of 8 which are the final .img file.
I fear this is going to take some time to run so I want it to run correctly the first time.
Thanks again for your time.
Cheers-Marc

deepspace

Thank you again. I actually now am thinking I'll just keep compiling data for the rest of the state. Its over 2 gigs for just the North West corner (122* west and 47.30 N bounds) I am going to get a new computer in a couple weeks seems like it would be far faster with a newer machine which of course not only has more memory but faster cpu (mine is only 2.4 ghz)
Thanks agin for the help. This maps have turned out quite complete, I think the info from this forum is to be credited.
Cheers-Marc

-Oz-

Yea, when I use my newest computer it processes much much faster.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Well I have changed a tad. I decided that since I was creating the maps as available as a quad, the state broken in quarters, half and full, I started doing them. Things are looking good at this point. Question is does this site want them broken into such a method or just the whole state?
I could just host the smaller maps myself.
Cheers-Marc

-Oz-

This site will have them however you want.  You can post each section; and once they're all available I'll just make sure they link to each other to not confuse each other.

It would definitely confuse people more if they were hosted all over the net.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!