GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

60CSx - Track Log Questions

Started by Rob24189, March 29, 2011, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob24189

I think I'm close but would like to confirm and I have questions (if this is too many questions I'll understand).

To set up tracking I do the following:

Main menu, choose Tracks.

In the track log window:
Select ON or OFF
Q: Is this how I START and STOP tracking?

Choose SETUP..
Check "WRAP WHEN FULL"
Q: this is so if the internal memory fills it will start to over write the oldest track? If I don't check "Wrap" what happens when the memory full? The unit stops tracking?

Then choose Method, Interval, Color & Data Card Setup
Q: What exactly am I setting up on the Data Card? To duplicate the track that's on the internal memory?

At this point the unit is ready to start tracking (right?). I hit MENU twice then page to the TRIP COMPUTER page. I can now hit menu, choose RESET, choose what I want to reset. Now all fields are set to zero and the STOPPED time starts to count.

When I choose to end TRACKING I go back to MAIN MENU select TRACKS and SAVE.

Q: After I've saved the TRACK, and go to the TRIP COMPUTER page all the fields (Moving Time, Stopped Time) are still active. Should I be turning Tracking off or something?

Thanks for you time,
Rob

MichaelJ07

Quote from: Rob24189 on March 29, 2011, 05:53:37 PM
I think I'm close but would like to confirm and I have questions (if this is too many questions I'll understand).

To set up tracking I do the following:

Main menu, choose Tracks.

In the track log window:
Select ON or OFF
Q: Is this how I START and STOP tracking?

This turns the tracking feature ON.  If you select OFF, no tracks will be recorded.

Choose SETUP from the tracks page.
Check "WRAP WHEN FULL"

Q: this is so if the internal memory fills it will start to over write the oldest track? If I don't check "Wrap" what happens when the memory full? The unit stops tracking?

Don't know about what happens when the card gets filled, but just check mark the Wrap When Full box.  Trust me.

Then choose Method, Interval, Color & Data Card Setup
Q: What exactly am I setting up on the Data Card? To duplicate the track that's on the internal memory?

There is no practical internal memory (so to speak) on the 60csx.  Most important is under the Data Card Setup, you select to write to the Data Card.  You will always have a record of your tracks.  It starts a new "recording session" each day.  Pretty handly feature and takes up like no space on your card (really.  Not that much.)

At this point the unit is ready to start tracking (right?). I hit MENU twice then page to the TRIP COMPUTER page. I can now hit menu, choose RESET, choose what I want to reset. Now all fields are set to zero and the STOPPED time starts to count.

If those are the fields you wish to use in the Trip Computer page.  I have different ones based on what I'm doing (hunting or just driving around each day.)

When I choose to end TRACKING I go back to MAIN MENU select TRACKS and SAVE.

You don't need to save the track.  It is on your card.  If you SAVE it, you lose some important information that you might want to look at later.  The track you made will be on your map until you clear the Track Log from the Tracks page.  After a few days, mine gets kinda crowded, so I clear it.  However, I still have it recording to my Data Card.  So, later on, if I really want to see how far we drove to do that job for the 5-Hour Energy Drink company in Farmington Hills, MI, I have that info.  So, log to your Data Card, clear the track log when you feel "overwhelmed" by all those lines in your map.

It also depends on what you are using your unit for.  My info fits my style and might not be the same as yours.

Q: After I've saved the TRACK, and go to the TRIP COMPUTER page all the fields (Moving Time, Stopped Time) are still active. Should I be turning Tracking off or something?

No.  If you want that page of info cleared, hit menu from that page.  In fact, hitting menu ONCE from most pages gives you a bunch of options for that page.

Hope this helps somewhat.  I have a 60csx and love it.  Use it every day since the day I bought it.

If you do an internet search for 60csx tips and tricks, you find that site I found with all sorts of goodies on it.  It might even be linked here on this great site.

Enjoy your 60csx!

M

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Rob24189

Thanks Michael! All good stuff.
Rob