GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin getting a run for their money :D

Started by dhisum_dhisum, February 09, 2009, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhisum_dhisum

Just saw today that one can now buy the garmin 24K maps on a DVD and the DVD contains more states than the SD card that they were selling. He he, seems like the work on this website has got Garmin running around...

Boyd

This site is great, but I'm not sure that's what has motivated Garmin. They are introducing a new program (screenshots are in another thread here) called "BaseCamp" and they need to distribute the 24k topo's in a format which can be used on a computer for compatability, as opposed to the data cards which only work in the GPS.

But lower prices on their products is a good thing, regardless of the reason.  :)

-Oz-

I noticed that too and thought it kinda funny.

Maybe this is pushing them; the only thing they really have that we lack is auto-routing; and that is a big lack.  Either way free is good.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

oh yea; i like that in mapsource but since I don't have a colorado or oregon it doesn't affect me (except on my nuvi).
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!