GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Error creating template database in postgis installation

Started by Mike_Green, August 10, 2009, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Green

I have installed 8.3.5 as suggested, and that seemed to work as far as the spatial extensions goes,
but now when attempting to start the instilation of postgis 1.3.5 for PostgreSQL  8.3 v 1.3.6 or v1.3.5 (the only two options under spatial extensions) I have an error that reads"

createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
   Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
   TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

In view settings

Creating template database...
ExecShell: open C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\postgis_installer\create_templatepostgis_db_error.txt
Database creation failed.
Database creation failed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Indrid Cold

Did you start up the server before getting the error?

Mike_Green

Thanks for the reply.

I removed the PostgreSQL program, and then reinstalled it after I got your reply. 

I made sure to start the server and everything worked out fine.  Postgis is installed.

When I reinstalled PostgreSQL I could not proceed with the initiaize database box checked becasue it said a data base already existed at that location.  I did not know how to remove it, so I unchecked the box and then I moved forward without a problem.  If this will lead to problems down the road I would love to hear about that now.

Once again, Thanks!
Mike Green

FReimer

Quote from: Mike_Green on August 29, 2009, 11:46:49 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I removed the PostgreSQL program, and then reinstalled it after I got your reply. 

I made sure to start the server and everything worked out fine.  Postgis is installed.

Mike Green

I have the same problem, please tell me how you made the "server and everything work fine" ? I set it up with default settings (postgres, localhost, 5432) but I cant connect it in the pgAdmin III GUI. Thats why my installation of PostGIS 1.5 also fails...

thanks for any hints
FR ::)