GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 on sale for $250 at Cabela's

Started by Boyd, March 02, 2011, 04:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaparks

With the very deeply discounted prices for the Oregon 450 in the past 4 months it makes one wonder if Garmin has something in the pipeline that will make the current touchscreen handheld models old school.

Anyone hearing of any rumors yet on the next generation of handhelds?  What ever happened to the praises for OLED screen technology that was suppose to be so great while at the same time doubling the battery life?

Boyd

Personally I don't think that the discounts imply they have anything new, but rather that sales are not meeting their expectations.

But I know what I *want* in a new model. Give me the Nuvi 3790 hardware in a rugged case with big batteries. Multi-touch screen at 800x480, true realtime 3d views and much faster performance than any of their current handhelds. Just update the Oregon software to work on this platform and it would be quite formidable.  ;D

Indrid Cold

alpine

Quote from: Boyd on March 03, 2011, 01:42:58 PM
Personally I don't think that the discounts imply they have anything new, but rather that sales are not meeting their expectations.

But I know what I *want* in a new model. Give me the Nuvi 3790 hardware in a rugged case with big batteries. Multi-touch screen at 800x480, true realtime 3d views and much faster performance than any of their current handhelds. Just update the Oregon software to work on this platform and it would be quite formidable.  ;D

I second that!

Why won't they listen?