GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

garmin 60 csx memory cards

Started by Fishin 2, February 27, 2011, 06:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin 2

Just purchased a couple 4GB micro sd cards for my new gps. The site said micro sdhc 4gb, hope these are the ones I need not just the sd style, thought the hc, was high capacity. Let me know if not right ones please, someone. Thanks , Mike

Indrid Cold

As long as you have the current firmware in the unit you will be fine. Run webupdater to be sure.

Fishin 2

just gettin started with this gps thing. a cutter, run web updater ? Is this something from garmins site. Should I check for updates to get the cutter firmware ? Or should I get the micro sd cards in micro sd only, not the micro sdhc. Thanks and sorry to drive you all nuts with this stuff. Just want to do it right. Thanks, Mike

Boyd

Just guessing that Indrid meant "current" and not "cutter"  :)

That's my iPod "correcting" my spelling :)-Indrid

Fishin 2

Thanks guys, guess I better pay more attention ::). Again, thanks, Mike

Rob24189

Quote from: Fishin 2 on February 27, 2011, 06:47:48 PM
Just purchased a couple 4GB micro sd cards for my new gps. The site said micro sdhc 4gb, hope these are the ones I need not just the sd style, thought the hc, was high capacity. Let me know if not right ones please, someone. Thanks , Mike

I spoke with Garmin Tech Support today and he said the unit would accept a 4 GB card, but not the HC version.
Did the 4 GB SDHC work for you?

Fishin 2

I contacted them a while back and spoke with someone and they said as long as the unit has all the latest updates, should be good to go. Haven't tried em yet but gonna give it a go soon, walleye season's here. Thanks all, Mike