GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Drat! How to Undelete GPX List in Basecamp

Started by EagleBoy, February 19, 2011, 06:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleBoy

I accidentally deleted a list item in my Basecamp library.  Any way to restore it ( and no, I had not backed up the data previously....) 

Help!

Indrid Cold

EagleBoy

That ONLY works if you back up a file first. If you transfer the current file from your GPS and do not save that raw file or so a file save from within Basecamp it appears you cannot restore it.  I was surprised that you can delete a track with no confirmation but sadly that appears to be the case.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: EagleBoy on March 16, 2011, 07:41:40 AM
That ONLY works if you back up a file first.
Yes, I know. You should backup your data before editing or deleting (on purpose on by accident).

EagleBoy

AFAICR there was no confirmation of deletion window that popped up.  Bad software design - and bad on me for not saving the track in an archive OUTSIDE of Basecamp (which I now do religiously).

Indrid Cold

Quote from: EagleBoy on March 18, 2011, 11:40:20 AM
AFAICR there was no confirmation of deletion window that popped up.
Maybe a window that can be disabled would be nice. I sure wouldn't want 1,000 windows popping up when I want to delete 1,000 items.

EagleBoy

Typically in Windows when you select multiple items for deletion only one window comes up asking if you want to delete x number of items that'd be fine for me.  Or as you say, user selectable ("Do not show this message again " etc. checkbox )