GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Some gmapsupp questions...CN and Topos

Started by woodstramp, February 16, 2011, 03:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodstramp

Just bought a used 60csx online.  Lil' booger came with a SD card with CN 09 on it.  I already have one 60csx (and no CN) so I popped the card in and Presto! that card works great on both units. 

Decided that I wanted CN on both GPS units, so I decided to try something.  I copied the card and sent the contents to a fresh SD.  Guess what?....now I have CN on both handhelds.  Outstanding!

I love the topos you guys build here (that's what I've always used on my old 60csx).  Decided it'd be nice to copy the CN mapset to Mapsource so I could make one giant smorgasborg gmapsupp file to burn to my SD card.  That'd be groovy...just turn one CN or Gpsfiledepot topos when needed.   Mapsource would not allow me to copy the CN maps on the SD card.  Said something about unlock code. 

I know from using your topo maps in the past that the map files are sent to one gmapsupp file.  You can build a combo of whatever maps are in Mapsource, but when you send a new mapset, the previous one is erased.  Is there a way to  have CN and your topos on one card?

Boyd

Yes, but you would need the DVD version of City Navigator in order to build the combined mapset. As you have already seen, Mapsource won't let you receive the map from the card - actually I'm surprised that the card works in the new unit, must be something different in the copy protection for that old version.

woodstramp

Thanks for the input Boyd. 

If this doesn't  happen (for convience) I'll just have two micro cards.  One CN, one topo.

Got to wondering about how to safely store the extra card when not in use.  Found a way.  A micro SD card fits nicely inside a short bison tube. Just add some padding.  I'll just attach the tube to the 60's  lanyard.