GPSFileDepot.com

basecamp not on list of installed programs, but on computer

Started by sreynolds, January 22, 2011, 06:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sreynolds

How to remove Basecamp if it is not on the list of installed programs on the Control Panel add-remove program function?  I also have Mapsource installed, and it shows on the list of installed programs.

Seldom

You probably have an incomplete uninstall.  Talk to Garmin.  If you own any of their products they will run a remote diagnostic routine using MSIcleaner. 

Boyd

You could also post in Garmin's support forum. The developers participate and are usually very helpful with this kind of issue: https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179

sreynolds

OK - I downloaded an update to Basecamp (3.1.2) to see if upgrading from my version 2.0.8 would register the product correctly and have it show up in the installed-programs list.  The update installed cleanly and Basecamp appeard in the installed-programs list.  I also noted that the .exe in the GARMIN folder in Program Files was updated and the previous version was gone.  I then removed Basecamp from the Control Panel Add-remove programs list.  This also ran cleanly.  When done, however, the .exe remained in the Program Files folder.  I deleted it manually from there assuming no registry problems would result.  I had contacted GARMIN support about this but they were not helpful.