GPSFileDepot.com

Oregon 450t map with elevation lines removed?

Started by pw_1, January 19, 2011, 07:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pw_1

I use the 450 snowmobiling and in the CO. mountains the elevation lines are so thick that I can't ever see the backcountry logging or jeep roads on the map. Is it possible to use the CO topo map that is on this site and modify to either make these small roads and hiking trails a color that shows up over the elevation lines or better yet, modify one to eliminate the elevation lines? I could switch over to the built-in 100k map if I want to see the elevation contours but use the new custom one so I can see any trails I may be coming up on.
Thanks

maps4gps

Garmin really overdid the contour line display on some (all) of the newer models.
Try my US Planimetric Southwest and Northwest (no contour lines) and add my Colorado contours 40/20ft overlay mapsets.  A little more effort to upload to the GPSr; however, the contours are in a seperate mapset and can be enabled/disable as you wish - the contours also use a custom type which is a single width line and displays nicely on my OR300.
You might also add one of more of the three 'trail' overlay maps available here - I think all three use a custom type for trails which is more prominent than Garmin's default.

pw_1

That sounds like exactly what I need. I will try it out. Thanks much!