News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Problem connecting to PC

Started by Bullshooter, January 11, 2011, 04:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleBoy

Quote from: Bullshooter on January 13, 2011, 01:13:23 PM
So far I have yet to successfully connect to the DNR Garmin program with this unit, although that is what I did for years with my Garmin GPS 12.  I keep getting the "Port 1 does not exist" etc.

That is on 2 different computers with a new unit and new cable.  I could try on my son's laptop, but shouldn't the 60 CSx be able to readily connect to DNR Garmin without these problems?

Should be according tot he docs.  I do not have a 60 CSX so I cannot help.

EagleBoy

Just took a look at the manual:  Do you have your gpsr set to GARMIN mode? (Assuming using connection)

Bullshooter

OK, I solved the problem through stubborn-ness, and now realize I was being dense.  For what it's worth, the problems were very simple and I explain below.

1. Mapsource:  When I clicked on "Receive from Device"  The pop-up box said to select the device from the list below, which said Device: Removable Disk (F:\).  Not knowing if that was the correct Letter Drive, I clicked on the drop down list, which also had G and H.  What I didn't know was that if I scrolled up, above the F, I could see GPSMAP 60...which this time I selected, and problem solved.

2.  In DNR Garmin, I went to the Help Search function and found out how to set the Port:  Click on GPS, Set Port, and choose USB.  This had apparently been set to Port 1 because my old cable was not a USB, it plugged in the back.  I set it to USB, and the unit and my PC are happily connected now.

Sorry for the false alarm, this stuff seems so easy and simple once I knew the secret.  As a teacher once said, "It's intuitive if you know what you're doing.

Thanks all

MichaelJ07

Thanks for all your reports!  I love reading success stories!

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Bullshooter

MichaelJ07,
Your tag line "The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act." fits my efforts to a T!   :-[   Ha ha

MichaelJ07

My efforts as well, Bullshooter.  Just ask my family.   :)

Keep us posted.  Good people here freely helping all.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.