News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

detail level on gps vs california topo

Started by ndamico, January 07, 2011, 07:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndamico

Hi,

i have a edge 800 and oregon 550.  when i use mapsource and view california topo i see quite a bit of detail.  when i select an area and download it to either of my GPS units i don't see near the deatil (elevation lines, etc). i've set the 550 to display map detail at the highest and the downloaded map is selected. the 800 doesn't have a detail setting.

what am i doing wrong?

thank you

maps4gps

With the GPSrs set to nomal detail the full set of features should be displaying at the 500' or 800' display level.

Boyd

Are you sure the map is enabled? Sounds like you could be just looking at the basemap. Are you sure you are looking in an area that is covered by the map tiles that you sent to the GPS? How far did you zoom in? What do you see at the 500 foot zoom level?

Boyd

maps4gps

That mapset is also two mapsets in one.  The planimetric data is in one and the contours lines in another.  In the quads/tiles selected box on the left side of MS, did you have some with names and others with numbers?  Best to select an area using the marque tool to get both.

ndamico

You hit the nail on the head! thank you very much. i was only selecting the larger squares. i didn't realized there were other smaller ones inside the larger ones.

thank you again!

Quote from: maps4gps on January 07, 2011, 08:10:55 PM
That mapset is also two mapsets in one.  The planimetric data is in one and the contours lines in another.  In the quads/tiles selected box on the left side of MS, did you have some with names and others with numbers?  Best to select an area using the marque tool to get both.