GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Screen frozen on Oregon 450

Started by busman, January 09, 2011, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busman

When I power my Oregon up the screen immediately freezes at "validating update 0% complete"after the startup text.   If I repeatedly power off and on it sometimes will go to the normal home screen.  I checked the software version - I recently updated - and it now reads 3.71 beta in the "about" page.  I don't think that was what I loaded.  I tried updating again to 4.32 the latest, and I still get the frozen screen, and when I finally get it to power up it still indicates beta 3.71 software and gps software 4.48.  Anyone know what's going on?  None of these versions are what they're supposed to be.

alpine

I believe a call to Garmin support is in order.

I don't think the last update took, or completely finished.

busman

Garmin support solved the problem.  It required 2nd level support-whatever that means.  Remote desktop and Garmin loader solved it after about 20 minutes.  Garmin denies it was their web updater that caused the problem but I noticed on their Oregon wiki, others have had the same problem.  It appears web updater attempted to load x00 software update  instead of x50 which really confuses the gps.

Boyd

Note that it is not "their" Oregon wiki FWIW. That site is run by another person and not Garmin.

alpine

Boyd, are you inferring that Garmin would not admit an error on their part?

One has only to look back to the update that bricked all the Nuvi 750's to see Garmin uses it's customers as beta testers.

Boyd

Not inferring anything. I was just correcting the statement regarding "I noticed on their Oregon wiki". I'm assuming that you're talking about this site: http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/

That's a great site for getting help with your Oregon. But it isn't Garmin's.