GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

putting maps on mapsource

Started by hairball, December 08, 2010, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

I downloaded your arizona topo map but cant figure out how to get it on my mapsource?
Im new at this and must be missing something in the tutorial.
Have a nuvi 255w if that makes any differance.

Indrid Cold

That map comes as a self installer, just double click the downloaded file.

hairball

Thank you for your help but I still dont see the map in mapspace. It says there are no maps there. I did the install and it puts it in a file folder.

alpine

Did you update MapSource to the latest version?

In the upper left there is a drop down that shows all the maps that are installed.

Also you have to close MapSource and reopen when you install a new map. 'Cause it only checks what maps are available when it first opens.

hairball

Thanks alpine for your effort but still I havent figured this out.

I did the update and it tells me I have the latest version.

I cant find the dropdown menu when I open mapsource.

I just dont understand, been working on this for hours... maybe I'm installing this stuff in the wrong folders (places).

I have windows 7 if that makes any differance ???

hairball

Maybe i'm not downloading the map to the right place?

jtkt1981

Take a look at the first picture of the tutorial on this site for "How To Load Maps On My Garmin GPS Unit"  That is the drop down selector for the maps that you are looking for.

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

hairball

I want to thank all of you for your help. I finaly figured out that mapsource did not install right. I finaly uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and it works. It seems the first download didnt include a basemap for some reason. Hope I can return the favor to those who helped?