News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Problem with California Topo...

Started by jrredho, December 10, 2010, 11:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrredho

Hey All,

I did a quick search through the forums on this matter, but, nothing.  I'm hoping that one of you pros out there can help.

What's the problem?  Well, I downloaded the Cali topos, which I believe, were in a Windows install file in the size range of 910Mb.  When I did the install on my XP system and restarted (the most recent version of) MapSource and picked the California topos via the pulldown upper left on the mapsource screen, I only get a bunch of map sections surrounding the San Francisco Bay Area.  I'm guessing the region on the map to have a radius of a hundred miles or so.  I can say that the Lake Tahoe area is not within that region covered by the map sections I'm seeing.

So, maybe there's some other region-picking step that I've overlooked?  I'd really appreciate some guidance on this matter; I have plans to be in the area backcountry skiing over the Christmas/New Years vacation, and having the topos on my gps would be really nice.

Many thanks!

cheers,
john

jrredho

Just a quick followup on the subject question I posted a few days ago: I deleted the maps from MapSource, and re-executed the Cali topo install. Inexplicably, everything worked as advertised! 

I don't know what I did differently the first time around, but, well, I'm just going to go with the flow...

Thanks to all who considered responding to my original query!

cheers,
john