Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

michigan snowmobile trails

Started by waterboy, November 10, 2010, 07:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

does anyone know of a good snowmobile trail map for mich.i have a zumo 550

jbensman

The next version of My Trails (I am going to upload sometime tonight) will include a MI state map.  I've got a few snowmobil trails on it.  The Forest Service is gathering thier trail data for me.  Hopefully I will be getting it in the next few days (and I will update My Trails with the new data).  It may have some snowmobile trails.  I searched and could not find any state level GIS data.  I found a website with lots of pdfs of trail maps, but nothing I could use.  If you can find any snowmobile shapefiles, gpx, googleearth, etc, I could add them to the map.  But the map I will be posting tonight has everything I could find besides the Forest Service. 

waterboy

thanks i will be looking for the map i dont mind buying one of the commerical maps but i dont want to buy one that isnt any good thanks again dave

jbensman

The Hiawatha National Forest sent me thier trail data today and it has 89 snowmobile/ski trails.  I'll post a new version of My Trails this evening that includes them.  I have not recived any data from the other 2 NFs yet. 

I have mixed feelings on including these trails as some conflict with other roads and trails.  I've been thinking maybe it would be better to have Winter trails in seperate maps that can be turned on and off.  But for now I have them all in the same map.  Trails will show up as a red line and Snow/Ski will show up as a brown line.

jbensman

The Huron-Manistee NF sent me thier trails today and I added another 180 snowmobile trails.  I just uploaded a new version of My Trails that has them.  There is still one more NF that I have not got the data from yet.  I will update the maps after I get it. 

I would like to know how you think having snowmobile/ski trails mixed with hiking trails on the same map works.  I am not sure what to think.