GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 NOAA Charts

Started by vinnymail, November 09, 2010, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinnymail

jbensman, thank you very much for taking the time to put together the topo and overlay. it looks great. i haven't had time to test it on the water but i have been on a few road trips around the area and everything looks perfect. As far as your previous questions about all the different types of buoys, this setup works well. if i were in a Large boat/yacht it may make a difference but for the average boater just knowing where the markers and buoys are is enough. If you need anything checked/tested or any input please let me know and i will help in any way possible.

jbensman

Thanks, but I cannot take credit for the topos.  Just the trail map with the navaides.  Glad that is what you needed.  If you ever need something added to the map, just send it to me. 

Jboconnor

Jim,

I just downloaded your trails file.  I was looking at the Florida area to see all the navaids you just added.  It would be very useful if they were the same color and designation as shown on the Nautical charts.  Each navaid gives very specific information based on its color, shape and designation.
You can have a look at the link below to see the different bouys and lights and there meaning.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-environment-aids-menu-2030.htm

thanks
John

jbensman

I just uploaded a new version that has the NavAids broken down somewhat.  The ones I had a color attribute to, I assigned the appropriate color in the icon (most of them had a color).  I think this is about the best I can do with the attributes I have to work with and the differenct kinds of icons I have to choose from. 

I also added some POIs and trails from the Forest Service to the map. 

Jboconnor

Jim,

That's Great!  The colors make it much more useful when I go kayaking down in Florida it will be a big help. Thanks for the great map!

John