GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Kenwood/Garmin KNA-G510

Started by cjdeere, November 05, 2010, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjdeere

Hi everyone, I have a Kenwood/Garmin KNA-G510 in my Jeep and I would like to put other maps in it like TOPO, trail... I'm really kinda new to installing other maps than just what comes with the GPS units so I guess you could say I really don't know much about this kind of thing nor do I know what I'm doing  :-[  but I really want to learn. Anyway can anyone help me? Thanks, CJ

Boyd

I don't know anything about that model, but a quick google search implies that it has a memory card slot. Is that true? If so, get a card and put it into a USB reader connected to your computer. Then follow the tutorial for installing Mapsource. Now download a map that interests you and install it. Mapsource should identify the memory card and place the file on it. Afterwards, you should see Garmin folder that has been created on the card with a file named gmapsupp.img on it.

Follow the instructions for your GPS to choose maps. Usually it will be in the settings menu under the maps heading. If you have problems along the way, post them here and we will try to help.

cjdeere

Ok, thank you very much. I'll try to do that and go from there...again thank you, CJ

Indrid Cold

cjdeere

oh...man...well, if thats what I have to use, I'll just leave it alone...I just wanted to have a TOPO map of my area in it. I have it in my Jeep Wrangler. It would be real nice to have maps in it that I could use while trail riding...oh well.   Thanks for the info, CJ

-Oz-

It probably won't hurt to try; so I would just try it out
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!