GPSFileDepot.com

Trouble with California Topo with Oregon 300

Started by NLingel, October 16, 2010, 09:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NLingel

For some reason I'm having trouble getting the California Topo by Oz on my Oregon 300 GPS.  I've used it before successfully, but it doesn't seem to want to show this time.  I tried uninstalling it, and re downloading it, and reinstalling it.  I can get the NW topo and NW trails on the GPS but for some reason the map won't show the California topo.  I tried installing it alone to make sure it wasn't due to the fact that I had too many map segments or too large a file... still no luck.  It shows up in Map source,but even though I select it, it turns pink, and shows up in the list on the left..when I try to go to the Bay area, all that shows is Garmin's base map.  I've used a lot of GPS file depot maps... TX, Northwest, Northeast, Alabama, North Dakota, South Dakota, and even previously California. But despite trying everything I can think of I just can't get California topo to show up this time.  BTW, I am putting it to a micro SD card, which is also where I am able to put the NW topos.  The other thing I should say, is that I'm not trying to install the whole map, I'm just trying to install the Bay Area. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

So today I tried it again, and it worked just fine except there are no street names in the program in the bay area.  That may be just a part of the program though.  Who knows what I was doing wrong yesterday..... Thanks to all who read the log.  Not sure if I should just delete this message or not.  I'd be happy to do so if someone tells me that I should.
Thanks again.

-Oz-

Glad its working.  That is a very old map so that could be some of the anomalies.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Quote from: NLingel on October 16, 2010, 09:11:52 PM

So today I tried it again, and it worked just fine except there are no street names in the program in the bay area.

Is your firmware up to date? There was a bug in an old version of the Oregon firmware that prevented street names from showing on the screen. That was about a year ago however, so it probably isn't your problem if you've done an update recently.