GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Arizona Topo Map by OZ

Started by cdagnese, October 16, 2010, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdagnese

I downloaded the AZ topo map by OZ to my Windows 7 computer, ran it and opened Mapsource to installit on my Nuvi 550.  Mapsource would not recognize the map.  I looked in the Programs file and noticed that for every .img file, there was an .idx file (1 kb) of the same number.  Also, the .img files were marked as ".img.idx".  Where did I go wrong?!?!

Carl D.

-Oz-

If you can see those you've already installed it.  Did you follow the tutorial explaining how to load the maps to your GPS?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

cdagnese

I've downloaded and opened it on my computer, but when I go to load it into the Nuvi (per the tutorial), it does  not show up on the Mapsource drop down list, along with the other maps I have loaded on the computer.

cdagnese

I also just downloaded and installed (on my computer) the Nevada Topo map by OZ.  There are NO .idx files in the Nevada file, as I found in the Arizona file.

-Oz-

Those .idx files are index files used for searching.  Arizona has been recompiled to have search capabilities; Nevada hasn't.  Ignoring that did you see Nevada in the drop down list in MapSource?

You shouldn't be doing anything with the .img or .idx files.  It all needs to be done in MapSource or Basecamp.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

cdagnese

Suddenly, the AZ an NV topos appeared in Mapsource.  Guess everything's allright.  One more question:  Do I have to replace all the maps in my Nuvi at the same time (like the POI's) or just install one map at a time?

Carl D.

-Oz-

Yes, you have to replace them all at the same time; loading these maps will not overwrite the routable map that is on your nuvi right now.

Glad the maps decided to show up.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

cdagnese

Thanks for your help.  This Windows 7 does many strange things.  The Explorer is very unstable and some files don't like to be deleted.  I wish I had my XP Pro computer back!

Carl D.