GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

"Route Calculation Error:"

Started by srenn, October 11, 2010, 01:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srenn

Appears my Oregon 450, with NE topo and MN topo loaded, won't go anywhere.  I get above message along with "Maps do not have routable roads in this area." for all "Where to" waypoint entries.  My maps were downloaded from this site and seem to be very accurate.  New to gps nav and would love to get some answers!

maps4gps

Few if any of the free mapsets here are routable.  Until recently, the software version to make them so was nearly $2000.  It also seams to require much more effort to format/tag everything so the files are made properly. 

srenn

Makes sense....So the worldwide autoroute basemap that comes with the gps is not really routeable?

Indrid Cold

Quote from: srenn on October 11, 2010, 04:51:42 PM
Makes sense....So the worldwide autoroute basemap that comes with the gps is not really routeable?
I'll have to check but I don't think the Oregon 450 comes with a 'worldwide autoroute basemap"....

Nope, mine came with Worldwide DEM Basemap, NA as gmapbmap.img @ 49,824KB

The Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap NA comes in @ 92,708KB

maps4gps

That explains why my OR300 will not route when posts elsewhere say you can route with the basemap.

srenn

Mine has Autoroute DEM Basemap......

Indrid Cold

Quote from: srenn on October 12, 2010, 06:40:39 AM
Mine has Autoroute DEM Basemap......
Then it should autoroute, but that map is more for going from one city to another because of the lack of detail, scale (1M?) and it only includes main roadways.

You should contact Garmin on that issuse as that map came from them and not this site. They will get you fixed up proper.

NE topo and MN topo do not autoroute.