News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin nuvi 255W back-up

Started by torix_ro, October 02, 2010, 12:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torix_ro

Hi all!

I'm writing here hoping that someone will help me. Here's my problem: I have a Garmin nuvi 255W that after about 2 hours of work it blocks and the only way to make it start is to reset. I'v tryed to update the device but I got an error, something like "file missing" - update aborted. The device has the original maps, it's not cracked or something. I want to reinstall the software but i dont have any back-up or the install CD. Can anyone help me wih some information about it?

Thank you

Boyd

The nuvi is not provided with an "install CD". You need to copy all the files from the unit to your computer when it's new if you want a backup. I think you will need to call Garmin support for help. You will need to wait on hold for a long time, but this is the best way to resolve the problem.

Make sure you are near your computer and have the Nuvi connected to it. Garmin has a procedure for remotely accessing the Nuvi through your computer to make repairs. Generally speaking, they are very helpful, even if the Nuvi is out of warranty.