GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Area of display at each zoom setting

Started by MichaelJ07, September 29, 2010, 06:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Dumb title, but it's all I could come up with....

When my 60csx is zoomed to 5 miles, does that mean the distance from the left side of my screen to the right side of my screen equals that 5 miles?  Does it also mean the distance from the top of my screen to the bottom of my screen equals that same 5 miles?

Just kinda wondering.  It would be super if this worked out at the 80 foot setting....

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

maps4gps

I always thought it refered to the distance from one end of the bar scale to the other end.  How much area would be displayed would depend on the size of the display screen.  I only have a 76csx and an OR300; Boyd or one of the other big screen NUVI owners can inform us on those.

alpine

On the 500 and most Nuvi's the zoom setting is referenced by a measurement bar at the bottom of the screen.

Most of the time I leave it on the 500' referance scale.

Boyd

Personally I don't think that number means much of anything. The little scale representation at the bottom of the screen never looks very accurate to me. I think the zoom value is only useful in a relative sense, not something absolute.

MichaelJ07

Yes, Boyd, that makes perfect sense.

Thanks again, Guru   :)
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.