GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin 62S and Downloading

Started by hear duck, September 21, 2010, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hear duck

I have the new Garmin 62S and I'm wanting to download the WI Topo map.  Has anyone had issues downloading the maps with the new GPS's?  So far I have Mapsource installed and the map transfered to Mapsourece.  Garmin reccommends using Basecamp but the description on the WI Topo on this site says use Mapsource.  My next step will be putting the map on the mico SD card and then into the GPS but I wanted to know if that will work and if there has been any issue's.  I've read somethng about unlocking maps and formatting the SD card but have no idea if this is needed and how to do it.   Thanks in Advance!

maps4gps

I have not heard of any issues with the WI topo.
I do not think BaseCamp was available when that mapset was created.  Either MapSource or BaseCamp can be used to view the data and send the data to your GPSr.
The mapset is not locked.  Locking is usually used for commercial mapsets so you have to purchase a copy for each GPSr you want to use it on. 
Also see: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

hear duck

thank maps4gps..  i got everything downloaded and onto my GPS.  what a very nice and accurate map.  thanks again.