GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 proximity alerts?

Started by georgec, September 20, 2010, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgec

1. How do I enable both visual and tone proximity alerts in the Oregon 450?  What happens is that if I create a route from waypoints and start navigation along that route, I get a tone but no visual pop-up. If I use Tracback or navigate a reverse track, I get no alerts at all. Right after I bought the unit, I recall getting both visual and tonal alerts, and I'd like to have that back.

2. Assuming I get the alerts to work, how do I make the visible alert stay visible until I release it? If I don't hear the tone alert, I'd like to later be able to see that I did reach a waypoint.

Thanks!

geo

georgec

With some help from Rich Owings, I figured out what is going on. If I navigate to a single waypoint, I get both a visual and an audible alert. The visual provides an "OK" button for me to click and dismiss the message, but it goes away regardless after about ten seconds.

Navigating a route built from waypoints gives an audible alert but no visual message.

Navigating Tracback on a track that contains waypoints gives no alerts at all.

This seems quite inconsistent. IMHO, it would seem that anytime there are waypoints involved in the navigation, alerts should be given.  Oh well....

geo