News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Download Problems North West US and Northwest Topo

Started by jo_botmn, September 14, 2010, 01:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo_botmn

Please help!

I have successfully downloaded mapsets from here prior to and after I tried to download these mapsets. The downloading windows won't pop up, and the web page is 'connecting...' until I stop it manually. I have let it 'connect' for 5 minutes and still nothing.

I tried cleaning out the temperary internet files, the cache, and the browsing history, but still no luck. The OS is xp.

I have contacted switchback.com about northwest topo, but no response yet.

Any suggestions???

heyyou325

I had no problem downloading NW topo a couple days ago on a computer where I work.  I haven't had time to look at it yet tho, and the disk I put it on is still at work.  Do you have a problem with downloading other things on your computer?  It could be a problem with the security settings on your computer.  In my experience most teens or preteens can change them in a hurry.  Or when the internet is real busy I have problems as everything seems to go slow on both ends.  Some times of day seem to work better, that's why I (my boss actually) downloaded it at work.  I'm pretty computer illiterate, but I know they download on other machines.

babj615

Also no problems here today, from work and home....
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

-Oz-

If you have norton or mcafee they also block downloads rather frequently.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!