GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Why No _MDR.img in gpsfiledepot install file?

Started by onXmaps, September 10, 2010, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onXmaps

Why don't you include the _MDR.img file in your NSIS installer (the .nsi example file in the Map Making Tutorials Part 9)

When I create a map using cpreview and cgpsmapper, CGPSmapper generates this _MDR.img file and includes it in the registry file

-Oz-

what version of cgpsmapper; I have a new .nsi file that has this.

i've attached a version that will include the _mdr.img file as well as if you have indexing those files (.idx) (you may have to uncomment a few lines if you don't have indexing); lines 117 to 119 are the new lines

Once you tell me what version of cgpsmapper you are using I'll decide whether to update it in the tutorial.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

free, shareware, or personal?

Does this .nsi file meet your need?
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

onXmaps

-Oz-

That must be why; I don't think free generates those files.  That .nsi will work great for you
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: -Oz- on September 10, 2010, 09:47:53 PM
That must be why; I don't think free generates those files.  That .nsi will work great for you
It doesn't. They are for search indexing that the feeware doesn't do.

onXmaps

onXmaps

??? I actually never had a problem with any 64 bit Windows machines until I added this NSIS code for the 64 bit machines.

It seems like it won't work on Windows 7 64bit (MapSource or Basecamp don't even recognize the installed map product)

Any ideas as to why this would occur?

-Oz-

It needs to install into the syswow64 or something similar.  This .nsi file should recognize the x64 and place it into the appropriate reg area; did you modify it?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

onXmaps

Here is the .nsi file that wasn't working on 64bit.  I have a version7 one after seeing your example file earlier here.  So I have fixed the img.idx and MDR.img, FYI