GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Deleting a mapset

Started by Moun10Bike, September 10, 2010, 08:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moun10Bike

One of the mapsets on my account, Priest Lake Topos, is no more since it has been absorbed into my larger project, Northwest Topos.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to delete the mapset from here, though.  Can someone point me to the process?  I can't see a delete or archive option in the Map Management section.

Thanks!

Indrid Cold

Currently, you have to be an administrator to be able delete a mapset.

-Oz-

I can take care of that for you; what is your new map though because I'll just make it forward to your new mapset so that people can still find it using google.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Moun10Bike

Thanks, -Oz- and Indrid Gold!

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

I added a new feature where you can request a map be deleted directly from the page listing all of your maps.  Should make this process a lot smoother than just editing it to say "Delete Me" or a forum topic :)
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: -Oz- on September 11, 2010, 06:02:20 PM
I added a new feature where you can request a map be deleted directly from the page listing all of your maps.  Should make this process a lot smoother than just editing it to say "Delete Me" or a forum topic :)
I just tested this and there isn't any type of feedback, could click the wrong link and request a nuke my mistake.

-Oz-

What do you mean by feedback?  I actually didn't get an email from you saying you requested a map be deleted (you can write test in it and i won't actually delete it).
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: -Oz- on September 12, 2010, 11:42:09 PM
What do you mean by feedback?  I actually didn't get an email from you saying you requested a map be deleted (you can write test in it and i won't actually delete it).
OK, as a test I clicked on a "delete this mapset" link and didn't see any confirmation to make sure that this was my wish. There wasn't any email formatted to change the subject line.

SW: Mac OSX/Firefox/Mail

If I had clicked on the link by accident, then the email would have been sent and I might find out by having the map gone? When you get the email, are you going to reply to confirm before deleting the mapset?