News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Software to restore waypoints

Started by Branch11, August 29, 2010, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branch11

Hi

I accidentally erased my wayponts from my Garmin 60CSx unit  :(. I have not used it since I discoverd this i.e., no overwriting of data.

Is there software that will restore those waypoints like the software for erased photos?

Thanks.

Boyd

I don't think so. This is why you should periodically back them up on your computer using Mapsource. That data is stored in internal memory where it can only be accessed with Mapsource or Basecamp. Newer models, such as the Oregon, Dakota and Nuvi series, create a file named Current.gpx everytime they start up and it is a data dump of all waypoints, tracks and routes. So with one of these models you'd just copy that file.

Unfortunately the 60csx is older technology and doesn't store any files on the USB drive (except track if you enable the menu option).

This was asked in a related thread here: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136216

The OP in that thread is a very experienced user and couldn't find any way to restore his waypoints either.  >:(

Branch11

Thanks. Oh well, I will be more careful next time.

Indrid Cold

Your GPSr should have came with a MapSource Trip and Waypoint Manager CD. That is used to transfer all the data from your GPS to a Windows PC. ON the Mac, you used RoadTrip or BaseCamp. Then if you accidentally delete said data, you can restore your GPSr painlessly.