GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Multiple maps

Started by savage, January 17, 2009, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage

I have now all the data for MA,ME,NH, and VT. I guess I will add RI to get all the New England states.
What is the best way to release these maps?

I could build a single map but that would create a huge file.

I can create multiple maps but what is the best way to do it so I can switch from one map to another on my GPS. Too bad our ancestors did not design straight lines for state borders!

maps4gps

-Oz-

Yea, don't you need CT for new England :) (used to live there long ago).

With that said.  I honestly would release it as a single map and create the huge file.  You figure we've been releasing the western states and they're all around 175-200mb each.  Then people can just use mapsource to select which areas they want/need.

The java uploader here won't have an issue and I have the bandwidth if thats the concern.

On my GPS I load everything I need; all the topos and everything then I don't have to switch really.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

OK, thanks. I suppose I can put CT in since I already have most of the data on my computer.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!