News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

problem with the BWCA camps and portages map

Started by dunkard_trapper, August 27, 2010, 01:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunkard_trapper

I've got the BWCA map on my garmin 450t
however only the portages (lines) are showing up the camps (points) are not showing up
I've tried setting different zoom levels but nothing seems to work.
the points are there, I know this because if you touch the screen where one should be it gives you the name and info for that site and the icon appears however as soon as you release that site it becomes invisable agian
I've tried it with the 100k map that was on the gps and also with the 24k map i downloaded but i have the same problems any help will be appreciated
thanks

-Oz-

So you can see points of interest with any of the maps on your GPS or just the BWCA one?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

dunkard_trapper

I can see certain things with the basemap such as mountain symbols and other symbols associated with the base maps however I can't see any points in the bwca map they show up on mapsource on the computer but when I move it over to the gps they are not visible they're there just not visible.  any one else have this problem?  I'm new to the whole gps technology so it might be a simple fix that I just don't know about.  I've tried changing the zoom levels but that didn't work any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated