GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Working with multiple tracks

Started by brianw7, August 22, 2010, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianw7

How do I view and work on multiple tracks at once in mapsource? It seems I can only view 1 track at a time. I would like to view multiple tracks at once and be able to edit & combine them. Thanks.

-Oz-

Two options:
- In mapsource open the track; highlight all the segments on the left side of the screen (tracks tab) and then paste them in the other tracks file; then you can edit and combine them; they all have to be pasted into the same file
- In basecamp: you can open as many tracks as you want in one window with this program.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

MichaelJ07

I have a question on this topic.....

I have a 60CSX device.  I have a track indicating a hunting boundary and I have another track showing my walk to where I place my hunting blind inside that boundary.  What I want to have are these two tracks showing at the same time so that if I wander from my blind (which I always seem to do) I will be able to tell when I am venturing outside the hunting area (where, naturally, all the deer are hiding.)  Can I join two separate tracks using the join track feature?  It would seem that I could, but I can't seem to find the correct buttons to click.  The tracks do not connect, but are very close to each other. 

From several Internet searches, all I hear is select both tracks and then select Join Selected Tracks.  However, that option is grayed out for me.  The only way I can do it is to use the track join tool and have a small "line" connecting the tracks.

Thanks for your time and your help.

Mike

What are the mouse clicks involved in joining these tracks?  Do the tracks have to actually be touching?  Is there some 3rd party software that will put these tracks on the same track name?
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

MichaelJ07

I think I have it, but I would still like to hear from you folks as I'm certain there is an easier method.

Thank you.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boyd

I don't know anything about joining tracks, but you might be interested in this program which can turn tracks into maps: http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,1438.0.html

MichaelJ07

Thanks for the linky, Boyd.

I don't have many tracks to combine....just wanted to see the hunting boundaries while I'm out frogging around with the whitetails (I think THEY have a knowledge of the boundaries as well, so, it is a fun game playing with those tasty hoofed critters.)

The only issue I had was "joining" to two tracks.  It was only about 50 yards though.

Again, thanks for the link.  I'll check it out.

Mike