GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Not seeing downloaded maps in Basecamp

Started by srenn, August 22, 2010, 12:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srenn

I'm new to all of this.....Downloaded a couple of maps from this site.  They both came with an installer.  During install the default is program files/map name.  I elected to install in Garmin file instead.  Started Basecamp and did not see new maps.  Tried to import but nothing happens.  Help?

-Oz-

You can't "open" the .img files; can you see the maps in the drop down menu?  See this tutorial: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

Also, make sure you are running the most recent version of Basecamp.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

IDmtBiker

I encountered the same issue with a friend that downloaded one of the state topo mapsets.  at first it would not show up in his BASECAMP pulldown menu, but the BASECAMP version was old and it did an auto update, and after the update to v 3.0.6., the state mapset showed up!   still not sure why, but would seem that BASECAMP update likely had something in for garmin compatible mapsets that are being created on this site.!!   g
GPS's: Garmin Nuvi 255wt, Garmin Colorado 300, Garmin Oregon 400t, Garmin 60csx, Magellan Triton 500, Garmin Birdseye Subscription

-Oz-

Originally basecamp did not support maps lacking the elevation data (DEM).  Once this was changed all the downloaded maps started working.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

n216

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem with the maps not showing up in basecamp.  I've read the tutorials and the other posts but cant make it work.  When I try to import the AZ topo file it just shows an empty folder.  I'm using windows 7 and basecamp 3.1.1

-Oz-

You don't import.  They just install and should appear in the drop down menu.

did you read this tutorial? http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/#pcbasecamp
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

n216

Thats the problem, they dont seem to automatically show up in basecamp.  I tried re-installing and even moved the file around to include dropping it in the garmin folder but still no maps.  I tried the import as a last ditch with no luck.  It's frustrating 'cause it looks like a really good product.

Indrid Cold

You guys don't have BaseCamp open when you are installing the maps are you? Windows or Mac???

n216

No.  But just for the benefit of the doubt I un-installed and tried again ensuring basecamp was closed.  No luck.  I even tried using using the MAC method with the GPS device connected during install.  I am wondering if Garmin had outflanked third party software in their most recent update.  Is anyone out there using 3.1.1 and able to load the maps?

n216

Possible culprit!

I saw another user post a similar complaint about the AZ TOPO under that thread.  He stated he was running windows 7 and believed it could be the problem.  I transferred basecamp and the AZ topo to another machine running XP and everything worked as it should have.  Although I cant prove it, the problem is most likely with windows 7.  Thanks for the help guys.

-Oz-

I have all my maps running on win 7 and basecamp.

Is the OS 32 bit or 64 bit?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!