GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

map not showing in mapsource

Started by joel0711, October 27, 2010, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maps4gps

Always a possibility that something did not get cleared in the registry.
After you download MapSource, install it and make sure it works.  Then run TN topo to install it.

Are the 'grid lines' long-lat lines or the selection quads?

Do you remember what you did between the time KY topo was working and when you noticed it was not?  

First use mapsettoolkit to see what mapsets are installed.
If you have an entry for Families\Trip and Waypoint Manager and/or Products\600 you need to keep those as they are part of the Trip and Waypoint Manager / Map/Source software.

I have just finished downloading TN topo and KY topo maps. Installed both they are working fine.  When either is first selected, it fills the map display window and shows county boundaries in grey, Interstates in blue, other major highways in red, and some hydro lines/areas in light blue.  Detail is medium and scale is 100mi (my map display window has its left edge aligned between those two fields).

joel0711

trip and waypoint mgr installed..... map detail is medium,,,set to 20 miles,,also tried 1 mile
and 100 miles,,, grids are showing,,, also lat/lon at bottom of mapsource shows as you move over grid area

jbensman

I installed it and it acted a bit weird at first (I just saw a blank grid).  But when I zoomed in, the map finally displayed correctly.  Then it worked fine.