GPSFileDepot.com

How do you outdoors people carry your 60csx while on the trail/woods?

Started by MichaelJ07, October 02, 2010, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Might sound like a silly question, but what the heck.....

How do you folks who use the 60csx while in the wilderness, carry the unit on your person?  There must be some who carry it on them....I would think.  I'm a hunter and thinking about using a lanyard around my neck and inside my coat.  Then snag a carabiner through the loopy thing that came with my device.

Or do you clip it to your coats?  If you use a lanyard, where do you attach the device so it doesn't bobble around while you're sneaking through the forests in search of whatever?  

Been a long day so thanks for listening.

Mike

EDIT:  So......that's a BELT CLIP that came with it, huh?  Who'd a thought such a thing?
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

-Oz-

I hook the belt clip to my backpack strap and carry it there.  I loop the lanyard through a D hook on the pack just in case it falls off the belt clip
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

MichaelJ07

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.