GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Map not showing up on 60csx

Started by tremor, August 01, 2010, 10:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tremor

just loaded the Colorado maps into mapsource on pc. Transfered to my 60csx. The titles show up under maps but when i bring them up it says "no map". Please help the newbie

Seldom

This is probably beyond my level of expertise, but the following information might be useful to more expert folks than me.

1)Which Colorado Maps are you having problems with?
2)Do they appear correctly in MapSource?
3)Have you successfully transferred maps other than the Colorado maps with the problem to your 60CSX?

tremor

I installedd the colorado maps from this site.  They appear in Mapsource OK and the file names are on the Garmin. It even shows 5Mb used on card used( the size of the 2 maps). It's that when I have them selected they say No Map.  Sorry I'm a newbie, I haven't transfered anything besides these 2 files. I can turn Base Map on and off to get to select the Colo. files. When I go to the map page and hit menu then setup i  have 2 Colo. files to select but if I hit menu again it  only has 1 show/hide file. Should I have loaded each section of the map seperately?

tremor

Also when I have the either map called up I get a flashing red Question Mark.

Seldom

This site lists 24 maps on the Colorado page.  Which of those did you install?

tremor

Seldom

That's a 150 megabyte map set.  Did you only install one or two sections?

tremor

2 sections Gunnison east and Gunnison west

Seldom

Did you use MapSource to send the mapset to the 60CSX?

When you selected the sections they turned pink?

The 5 MB file on the card should be called gmapsupp.IMG.  Is it?

tremor

Thank You for all your Help seldom sm. It's good of you to take time with a newbie. I looked around at some other posts and zoomed way out and realized I was still in Ohio with my cursor. I moved the cursor west and there were the maps I loaded in Colorado where they were supposed to be. Told you I was a newbie. Now does anyone know anything about motorcycle brakes? Thanks again, and what a great site we have here. Hopefully one day I can even contribute and maybe help someone.

Seldom

Glad it worked.  Sorry, but I know nothing at all about the motocy.