GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Finding and Opening Maps with MapSource

Started by TCRay, July 17, 2010, 02:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCRay

I just purchased an Oregon 450.  I have MapSource loaded onto my computer.  I also downloaded the Northeast USA Topo 1 and 2 from GPS FileDepot (thanks!!). 

After each of the NE TOPO's downloaded, I ran the installers.  That created 2 files in my c:/Program Files.

When I go to MapSource to File/Open and then select c:/Program Files/NE TOPO 1 (or 2), there are many .img files in each respective folder that MapSource can't open.

Can someone help a newbie?  I searched the forums for a while but did not find anything that addessed my issue, though I'm sure it must have been addressed before.

Thank you for your help!

Seldom

You don't "load" maps.  You select the map product you want to see from the drop down menu at the top left of the screen.  In this case it would be NE Topo 1, or NE Topo 2.

See:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

for complete instructions.

TCRay

Thanks!  I wasn't seeing anything in the box except the Topo US 100K that came with my unit.  Then I saw that I could scroll and find the other two maps.  Senior moment!  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and help me.