GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Water body

Started by deepspace, January 12, 2009, 07:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

I am getting ready to finish my Washington state map but am hoping to overcome something. If one stands at 48* o1. 086 122* 42. 064 you are standing on a causeway between salt water bays. The base map for Garmin will show the water bodies, but when one downloaded all the NHD files for the state and make a (non-transparent) map you do not see them. You do see (on the handheld) the small stream which flows between them. The NHD files have every fresh water body I checked on but none of the strait of Jaun De Fuca, hood canal or so on. So would it be best to make the map transparent or change the levels in the header to something like 24, 23, 22, 20, 19, 18, and 17 (1-7). The map I made (olympic peninsula only in this case) used 24, 22, 20, 19, 18, 17.
Thanks-Marc

deepspace

I'll search around for the data and give it a go. I would have thought it to be in the nhd files since the water bodies are in the state.
Thanks again-Marc

-Oz-

It'll be summer before Dale has a new version of those maps (just an FYI)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Hmmm, I still need to find the shoreline (toss me a rope)  ;)

deepspace

Yes I think this will do just what I need, thank you for your work. How did you select it in such a way that only the water is blue? I ended up with the land blue.
Cheers-Marc

deepspace

I am going to play with this because I would like to learn this process. At this point I am not sure how you split them. But the TIGER files have the salt water bodies by going to all hydrology. If I get frustrated I may go that route.
Cheers-Marc

deepspace

I'll jump into it feet first this morning.
Cheers-Marc