GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

River channel maps

Started by rpowell, June 11, 2010, 08:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpowell

I was hopeful that one of you guru's could produce a channel map for J Percy Priest lake in Nashville Tn. Hows that for a challenge? It would be greatly appreciated by a number of fishermen. I am aware that Garmin supplies a similar product for a fee. Thanks for any help. RP

eaparks

Garmin's U.S. Inland Lakes v3 shows the channel without a navigation line but does clearly show the channel up to Fall Creek and Hwy. 840.  U.S. Inland Lakes v3 DVD does not require an unlock code so it can be loaded on multiple Garmin GPSs.  Sometimes you can find U.S. Inland Lakes v3 used DVD for $40 - $50 on ebay.  I know this isn't free (what your looking for) but maybe it will give you options.

rpowell

Thanks for the reply. Are these maps more difficult to generate than the regular topo maps?

eaparks

They are not any harder to generate, but sometimes what is hard is to find the data to download that is specific to lakes and rivers.

eaparks

Would just a navigational line (the center of the channel) be sufficent?  That would not be to difficult.  If you can supply the coordinates and names of marinas, ramps, etc. that you would want added to the map it would greatly help.

What type of GPS (brand & model) are you wanting this for?