GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Subfolders in the garmin folder?

Started by MichaelJ07, June 04, 2010, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Is it possible to have subfolders in the garmin folder that has the .img file?  Can I have a folder called MI and one called Texas, each containing a specific .img file?  Or is it just simpler to load every map tile from MI to TX and call it good?  Seems like I would have a lot of map tiles that I will not use and thus the redraw rate of the device will work slower.

Thanks.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boyd

Unfortunately, no. What GPS do you have? I think you mentioned the 60csx before? The 60csx, and other older Garmin models, can only access ONE map file which MUST be named gmapsupp.img and MUST be in a folder named Garmin. There are no other options for map files or file locations on your device. Only one file per customer.  :)

Newer models will recognize any map filename that you like, as long as it has an .img extension. But AFAIK, the files still can't be in subfolders.

MichaelJ07

Thanks.  Understand completely now.  I believe I will get tons of fun from my 60CSx no matter how many files it can read.  I'll just make bigger files.......

Again, thanks.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.