GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help with Garmin 62st

Started by lost911, October 11, 2010, 09:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost911

Does anybody know of an understandable user manual?  The Garmin is probably the most worthless manual I've ever seen. 
I try to create a route - enter coordinates - hit Done - and I'm returned to the map of my present location which is trying to navigate from Los Angeles to southern Argentina (the coordinates I entered).

Boyd

Not really sure what you're doing, and don't know of any alternative manuals. However, are you aware that the map that came with your 62st (US Topo 100k) is not capable of routing? To generate real turn-by-turn directions you would need a routable map, such as City Navigator North America. Garmin's 24k topo map series is also routable, but expensive and each product only covers a few states.

lost911

I thought it was possible to create a route by creating waypoints from just the coordinates?
Is that too simple for Garmin?  The manual implies it can be done but like I said after I enter the
coordinates and hit Done I'm not prompted for entering the next waypoint as the manual leads me
to expect.

Boyd

Again, I really don't understand what you're trying to do and don't have a 62st (I have a 60csx, Oregon 400t and many others though :) )

If you create a route from a series of points as you describe, it will work, but will just generate straight lines between the points instead of following roads, unless you are using a routable map.