GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

card or unit?

Started by mskissguy, May 13, 2010, 09:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mskissguy

how can i tell if the map i loaded on my oregon 450t was installed on the memory card or on the unit it self? And if its on the unit how can i put it on the card?

Boyd

When you connect your Oregon to your computer, it will mount like a disk (depending on your settings, it may ask if you want to go into USB disk mode). If a card is inserted, that will also mount like a disk. On Windows, you will see two new drive letters, such as J: and K: (will depend on your system configuration).

If you look on each drive, you should find a folder named Garmin. Look inside that folder. Internal memory will have several files inside, the card will probably only have one file. Maps that you send from Mapsource or Basecamp should end up in a file named gmapsupp.img. Look at the date/timestamp on these files and you should be able to figure out which one you just sent.

You can change the filename to something descriptive, to remind you what it is; just keep the .img file extension. For example, you could name it OhioTopo.img. If you want to move it from the card to internal memory, just drag the file to the Garmin folder on the other drive (or copy/paste), then delete the file from the card.