Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

SE USA no - show on MapSource

Started by waba, May 06, 2010, 03:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waba

Hi Guys I am new here.

Ok here we go:
Last week I downloaded the US Southeast Map in my MapSource V 6.16.
It worked well for some time - but  sudddenly the map disappeard once klicking on the icon.

I do run some other OSM maps under MapS as well those work still ok - except the SE USA.
The screen is blank. If I try to search for a city or an other POI in the SE map I do not get anywere and everything is blocked.

I reinstalled the SE map again however with no success
It seems I need some help.

thanks

Seldom

Sie wurden besser antworten finden wenn sie fragt auf Englisch.

waba

Quote from: seldom_sn on May 06, 2010, 03:59:21 AM
Sie wurden besser antworten finden wenn sie fragt auf Englisch.

done! - pls see above  ;)

Seldom

Good, my Gymnasiumdeutsch is pretty bad.

One thing you should be aware of is that OSM maps don't use the same compiler as most of the maps on this site and the TDB files are different.  TDB files for OSM need to be made with mkgmap.  Most of the TDB files on this site are made with cgpsmapper.

MapSetToolKit will install a mkgmap TDB, but cgpsmapper won't compile it, so you can't compile the TDB from MapSetToolKit.

MapSetToolKit is a good diagnostic tool to check registry settings and FIDs for both types of maps.

waba

Thanks for the answer. Well, my IT knowledge is rather limited so I might ask silly questions:

Are you saying that in my case - having these OSM - MapSetToolKit can not be used to compile SE USA?

Can you name a tool  to complie SE USA having it finally together with my OSM maps under MapSource?

Thanksfor helping!

Seldom

If you have maps from this site with installers, and maps from OSM with installers, you don't have to worry about what I said above.  My point was that trying to use MapSetToolKit to install an OSM map could have unsatisfactory results in case you were using it to make other changes to your mapsets.

waba

I have successfully installed the SE USA map from this site!
In my MapSource program V 6.16 (the latest version)  the SE USA is properly listed!
By klicking on the SE USA Icon, the map is not displayed. The funny thing: Right after my first installment, it worked perfect and I could work with this map as supposed to do - but suddenly the map dissapeard

What I am doing wrong?