GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSFileDepot for dummies

Started by eztrails, May 02, 2010, 07:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Is it possible you are still missing the point. You say you downloaded the NW Topo and installed it. If you download it and select run-IT INSTALLS ITSELF. There is nothing you need to do at that point, just open mapsource and select the map to display it. Why not try Basecamp, it is a simple download directly from Garmin and is intended to eventually replace mapsource.

eztrails

Ok, well it just isn't happening. It must be a problem with my computer.  I will get some help on this end.  Thanks to all that replied.  I may give basecamp a shot but the mapsource should be loading as well.

eztrails

Ok.  They are loaded!  I have them! I can continue on!  Thanks again all

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

As Oz said, glad it's working. Onward and upward!!!

lvisman96

I went to this forum, did the tutorials, downloaded a gazillion times and I had the same problem as ez.  Finally figured it out...  There is a DROP-DOWN box in upper left corner of MapSource...it said PC Map.  When I clicked on it I found the maps I was downloading.  With internet, sometimes it's hard to know what you're looking at... For the experts--sometimes the uninformed don't know the simple things...we don't know what we don't know...sometimes it's as simple as saying "after everything, be sure to click on the drop-down menu in the upper left hand corner that says PC-map or No Map to see your map".  Just my two cents.  Thanks.