GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Transparent Topo

Started by shutle64, December 28, 2008, 02:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shutle64

I thinking of trying Transparent Topo while I wait for the water files to show up.  Topo that shows up on City Navigator, it would be cool to the see it in action.

John

shutle64

I'm getting vitural memory errors at 1/3 of the way of loading the shapefiles in mapedit.  I have 2 Gigs physical.  6 Gigs vitural.  Error out at 2.5 G paged.  I have it at 40ft contours.

The directions for Combining say something about loading mp dem files?

John

-Oz-

My water files I request on christmas showed up today so hopefully yours did as well.

GPSMapEdit does a poor job of handling large files.  I would suggest converting each .shp file to an individual .mp file (or just 1gb at a time) then you can treat each .mp file as a separate  .img file; just change the header from Transparent=N to Y.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

shutle64

I convert the shp to mp files with GPSmapedit?

The water files showed up.  I requested a few this morning, I had them before noon.

John

-Oz-

yes gpsmapedit can convert them from shp to mp.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

shutle64

I'm going to try using MemTurbo and see if I can free up the physical memory for GPSmapedit.  It's good at pushing physical memory off to virtual cache way before it runs out of physical memory.

John

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!