News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

dakota 20 and micro sd card compatibility

Started by schandler, April 29, 2010, 11:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schandler

hi all
loaded calif topo into base camp. No problem. Then using card reader installed map onto 2 gb lexar mobile microSD card. Everything loaded just fine onto card(took 20min or so), got the succesfully loaded message.

then took card and placed it into dakota and started up unit. Went to setup, then maps then map info select map. Did that and the only map that showed up was the base map which was of course already enabled.  NO sign of the calif topo map in the menu, which is working just fine on basecamp and loaded successfully on card. 

So are there only certain types of micro SD cards that work with dakota or am i doing something wrong.?

thx!
scott

maps4gps

Check that the file is on the card in the Garmin folder.  It should have been upload as gmapsupp.img.  You can change the name to CAtopo.img, etc.; otherwise it will be overwritten the next time you upload from MapSource/BaseCamp.

-Oz-

Try loading it when the card is in the GPS; see if that works
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

schandler

thanks oz and maps4gps

FYI: the file was indeed listed as garmin and the file was  .img. However i renamed it CATOPO and also had the gpsr plugged in. Although my variables weren't controlled, it now works great

so thank goodness to these great forums!!

scott