News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Oregon not showing AZ map trail labels

Started by el_conservationist, April 22, 2010, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_conservationist

HI folks,

I found this Sunday that a friend with the exact same Oregon has labels showing up in OZ's Arizona maps (OZ, thank you btw!).

We went through on several trailside stops to see if we could find any differences between our two units. Everything looks the same and I have also tried to fiddle with it to try to get the trail labels to show up to no avail. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what I may have to change on mine.

I do know of two differences between our units. One is he's running an older firmware (factory original vs. mine which is updated to latest. The other being he's using the MAC version of the AZ topo file vs. mine being the PC windows version.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-L

maps4gps

The version of the software is the issue.  Garmin changed the GPSr software/firmware to accomadate their Birdseye imagery and destroyed the labeling.  There are numerous posts on the groundspeak forums about this.  I believe they fixed this last week.   

Boyd

I agree that it's probably related to a recent buggy firmware update. Connect your GPS to your computer and run WebUpdater. It will install the new firmware version which has corrected this bug.

el_conservationist

Confirmed firmware issue.

Logged into myGarmin.com and did the update thing.

Firmware update fixed the issue.  ;D

Thank you for the direct, correct, no-mess advice!

-L

-Oz-

I just updated my dakota which fixed the issue as well.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!